Nerds and thoughtful singles want to know everything about hookups before they actually get to the real thing. Well, you’ll be surprised but the casual sex history is interesting indeed!
- The definition of hookups is closely connected to sexual revolution that has started in the 1920s.
- Today, casual sex is mostly a part of the college culture since up to 80 percent of college students are reportedly having multiple hookups during the year.
- By the same research, typical hookups cause unexpected reactions: the majority feel disappointed or regretful while only 2 percent feel they were really desired.
- Men more likely accept sex with strangers and casual sex with anyone they found attractive, than women.
- Shockingly, only a half of hookups is protected. Specialists call this tendency negative for the participants’ health and well-being and warn to be more cautious.
- At least a third part of hookupers call their experience unintentional and greatly connected with drug and alcohol misuse.
- Singles with a stable career tend to choose hookups over long-term relationships rather than temporary workers who hope to at least have committed romance.